- This event has passed.
March 17, 2017 - March 19, 2017$150
Movement Workshop for Performance
Facilitated by Anna Yen
This weekend workshop is for performers, actors, performance devisors and directors.
The program includes:
- performance exercises to explore what it means “to be present” and in “complicity” with other performers
- movement sequences from the Feldenkrais Method designed to heighten the perception of one’s body and rediscover an organic sense of movement with more ease and less tension
- games to invite our playfulness and the pleasure to be on stage
- rhythm as a foundation for creative play
- writing exercises that begin from the physical
PlayMoves is facilitated by Anna Yen and is inspired by the work of Monika Pagneux, a renowned European theatre teacher, whose quest is to awaken the performer, inviting the attentive and joyful performing physical presence that marries risk with vulnerability and self-confidence with authenticity.
Anna Yen is a performer, writer, director, movement teacher and Feldenkrais Method ® practitioner. Her work spans theatre, contemporary circus, physical theatre, and film. Anna is the recipient of a Churchill Fellowship and a Matilda Award Special Commendation. Anna’s acclaimed film / stage play “Chinese Take Away” has taken her to festivals around the world. She teaches Awareness Through Movement at the Qld Conservatorium and is a trainer at Vulcana Women’s Circus. Anna clowns with the “Playful Engagement” Project, performed in “The Serpent’s Table” Sydney Festival 2014 and ‘It All Begins With Love” Oct/Nov 2015. Anna has taught PlayMoves in Perth, Townsville, Cairns, Melbourne, Wollongong, Maleny and Brisbane.www.playmoves.org
Costs for participants is $150 includes, Return Ferry fare, accommodation & food
PAY ONLINE FOR PLAYMOVES WORKSHOP (TO BE COMPLETED ALONGSIDE REGISTRATION FORM – LINK ALSO AT THE END OF THE REGISTRATION FORM): https://www.trybooking.com/OPDG
FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0476 590 004